Welcome to "The Cloud Today"

There is so much going on with Cloud Computing today that no one person can keep up with it. Please help me by sharing your thoughts, questions, or anything for that matter that is relevant.Email: blogkeeper@conversif.com

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Announcing the "Cirrus Awards" for the best of Cloud Computing

What's the point you ask? There is already the "Cloudies" and a dozen other awards that recognize something to do with Cloud Computing. I thought I'd get into it with my own award with a little different spin. I'd like to recognize the most innovative Cloud product, application, service or breakthrough. Of course the intent is to make this the most coveted award because it will not only look real cool, but it will single out new innovators that might be overlooked. You know the ones that were under everyone's radar. Kind of like American Idol meets technology developer. Who knows, I might be able to get a billionaire to present the award to the lucky winners.

I'm sure this brings a smile (or smirk) to your face but lets face it, everyone likes to get recognized. And why shouldn't there be more recognition for innovation? I'm serious (or Cirrus). I'd like to give Apple, Google, Salesforce, Amazon, Sun and a slew of others an award for their contribution, but lets face it, they are making a ton of money already as their reward. Let's give someone who might not have the influence, marketing, or media control or money a chance to receive a nice award and a free meal at some exclusive resort. Right!

I've thrown the gauntlet down and plan to go all the way with this award thing. Look out all you other award givers, here comes the "Cirrus Awards"!

No comments:

Post a Comment