Welcome to "The Cloud Today"

There is so much going on with Cloud Computing today that no one person can keep up with it. Please help me by sharing your thoughts, questions, or anything for that matter that is relevant.Email: blogkeeper@conversif.com

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

"I'm fringing in the rain" a new song title.

Sometimes you just have to be silly and today is one of those days for me. I've just updated my Nokia E71 smartphone with the latest FRING client and am having a lot of fun with it. I was using this app a year ago to consolidate my MSN and Skype IM accounts, and it worked fine. The VoIP function seemed to leave a little bit to be desired, and I eventually lost interest. Out of the clear blue (no cloud computing pun intended) I checked out their site and a brand new version (ver. 4.1) had just been released so I tried to see if I could install it.

Amazingly I did it with out the usual !#%@ expressions. Then I proceeded to check out all of the new features and improvements. There are really too many to mention but let me just say that I'm now listening to my Blues music over wifi from Last.fm, and tweeting from it also not to mention IMing to several IM clients. This really is convenient. Oh did I mention Facebook posting too.

Some days you can just strike it rich in the Cloud with one new app. Thank goodness the Cloud is working for me today.

P.S. Video conferencing to my mobile works and my phone has a camera facing me during the call. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment